Aloha! To people who still read my blog. I apologize for not writing the entire April but I have been in three different cities in the past three weeks and one of them was in another country. I haven’t been able to access the internet [horrifying, I know] but well, here I am.
I have been nominated for an award, the Liebster Award by my friend Christina who has an amazing blog with an awesome name on WordPress too - Capricious Flibbertigibbet. Thank you for the nomination, Christina. I really enjoyed your blog post about the same.
So, here’s where everything you need to know is – Details. Everything from the rules and what you have to do if nominated is written there. Without anymore rambling from me, let’s begin.
Here are the questions Christina’s asked her nominees:
1. Favorite music artist/band?
I don’t really have any favorites as such since I’m not a very big fan of music in general. But if I had to choose, I’d go with Capital Cities as their song Safe and Sound is currently on replay.
2. What, according to you, is your best quality?
Humor. I’m proud of the fact that I can make stuff funny. It may not be nice, happy humor, but it is sarcastic, witty and at times dry.
3. What is the one thing that drives you nuts?
People spitting on the road. Or anywhere in public really. And since almost everyone in India does it, I’ve no relief anywhere.
4. Who is your favorite fictional character?
It changes with every novel I read. But Hermione Granger [Harry Potter] is someone I love, respect and idolize.
5. What do you want to get/already have as a tattoo?
I probably want some quote on me. I’m not too fond of butterflies or eyes or those sort of things. I don’t think I’ll be comfortable having them on my body.
6. What serves as an effective stress-buster for you?
Reading. Talking to my friends. They always work.
7. What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
I’m really not sure. Everything that’s difficult seems to be the hardest thing I’ve overcome until the next one rolls around. But staying without my mother since I’ve been 12 is definitely on the top of the list.
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
I just happened to check out a friend’s blog and decided to let the world decide if I could write or not instead of just criticizing myself.
9. Do you have any unusual pet peeves?
Many. People are one of my biggest and probably most unusual pet peeves. I also can’t stand nail paint. I hate it.
10. What is your favorite quote?
I have many quotes I like, here’s one of them -
― “When adults say, “Teenagers think they are invincible” with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don’t know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.”
― John Green, Looking for Alaska
11. Who has had the biggest influence on you?
Undoubtedly, my mother. She’s my rock and along with my father, she has played a crucial role in the way I am today.
The second part of the award – 11 facts about me –
1. I have rarely trusted my friends after two of my best friendships went haywire
2. I love sour, salty substances more than sweet things.
3. I have a spot on my sofa which no one really sits on, unless my brother asks me. It’s the best place to watch TV from and it gets the best ventilation.
4. I get addicted to any new show I start watching. Be it Supernatural, Drake and Josh or F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
5. I hate instagram. If I ever open an insta-account, I hope I know how much I’ll despise myself.
6. I love Harry Potter. A bit too much.
7. Dystopia is my favorite genre. Teen fiction Dystopia would be overkill.
8. I would like to own a huge library of my own. Like the one in Beauty and the Beast.
9. I have a hard time pronouncing words for the first time if I’ve only ever read them before. One of my most memorable mispronunciations was ‘martial’ for ‘marital’. And I was speaking about ‘marital rape’. Needless to say, the entire class I was reading to was in splits.
10. I’m rarely embarrassed. I probably don’t have any sense of when to feel embarrassed and why.
11. I’m horrible with technology. I’ve ruined phones, lost pen drives, broken hard-disk drives with crucial info. Safe to say I’m pen and paper person all the way.
The third part – 11 questions from me and the blogs I nominate:
1. What does the name of your blog signify?
2. What is the biggest goal of your life?
3. Do you prefer nutella or peanut butter ? And if you had to choose one?
4. What do you think about teen relationships?
5. Define what happiness is to you.
6. Why do you blog?
7. Which are the three of your favorite books?
8. Who are the people you trust the most?
9. If you had a choice to either become a wizard or an X-men hero, what would your choice be?
10. Which is your favorite TV show?
11. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
And the nominations are –
1. Musings From Neville’s Navel
3. The Loony Teen Writer
I know I’m meant to give 5-11 nominations, but I only read a select few blogs and most of them have already been nominated.
So, this is the end of another post which I didn’t really think much for. Hopefully the month of my shall bring more blog posts which shall strive to be more thoughtful.
Have a splendid day/night,
Until next time,