So, I’ve been talking a lot about sequels to my friends recently. There were some that blew me away, and the others just made me wish I’d never read them. So, now that I’ve found a prompt about this very thing, I’m very eager to write about it.
This has been taken from – http://musingsfromnevillesnavel.wordpress.com/
And, now. The Questions.
1. Best sequel you’ve ever read?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix.
This book is the second best of the series, the last book being the best in my eyes. I loved the way Harry grew up, both emotionally and psychologically during this book. But, it was also one of the saddest books of the series.
2. Worst sequel you’ve ever read?
That’s also the last book I read. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. I began reading the book with so much of hope. Delirium really had a unique plot, it just sort of runs through together in the second book.
Also, if I may add two others to this list – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Mockingjay were not up to the mark either. I was very disappointed reading the books.
3. Sequel that outshone the first book?
Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Her first book Divergent was one of the best young adult books I’ve read and Insurgent just took the game ahead. Good job, Roth.
4. Do you often read sequels or do you read the first book and move on?
It depends on the first book. If it has intrigued me, sure. Otherwise, probably not.
5. What’s a sequel that really surprised you (in a good or bad way)? Why?
The Oath of the Vayuputras (An Indian Book), surprised me to be honest. Well, to be fair it shocked me. People kept raving about the series, they’re a trilogy, and so I decided to read the books. The first one was fine, the second got a bit better and then the third one fizzled out completely. What a disappointment.
6. What’s the last sequel you read? (Briefly, what did you think of it?)
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. In short, I was terribly disappointed by it.
7. What are 3 sequels you’re planning to read (eventually…)?
Well, these are the books that haven’t released yet,
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth – The third book in the so-far amazing dystopian series.
2. House of Hades and the last book in the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan – The books have been good and I’m dying of the suspense.
3. The Sequel to The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey – I just completed the book and it blew my mind away. What a book.
8. What’s the first sequel you see when you look at your bookshelf?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I’ve been meaning to reread it.
9. Best sequel cover!?
Uh, well. It would have to be Harry Potter and the Order of The Pheonix –
This book’s cover is very inspiring to be. Since I’m a sucker for legends and myths and everything else, the phoenix rising from the flames is really amazing to me.
10. What book(s) do you think desperately need a sequel…but don’t have one?
I really don’t know. I really want to know what happens in the Wizarding World, but that’s not happening any time soon.
So, I’m gonna go with the perks of being a wallflower.
I really want to know what happened in Charlie’s life. Did he remain a wallflower?
So, that’s it folks. I hope you’ve enjoyed this tad narcissistic post from me. If you’d like to weigh in your views, feel free!
Till next time,
[Which is probably soon, my college had to declare a four day holiday, I bet the professors are fuming.]
As tradition, tumblr pics follow: